The Pink Ball: An Insider Look At Estée Lauder’s Charity Gala
An annual charity gala by Estée Lauder, this year’s Pink Ball honors the campaign’s 30th anniversary by raising funds to help stop breast cancer.
Committed to improving the lives of women affected by breast cancer, the Estée Lauder Companies has strongly advocated for breast cancer awareness through its many campaigns and initiatives. In the Philippines, for example, its campaign has facilitated free mammograms and donated bio-hood machines to help with chemotherapy treatments in Philippine General Hospital.
This funding comes from many generous sponsors and supporters—all united under one roof in Estée Lauder’s annual charity gala: The Pink Ball. “We are uniting with our business partners to continue to raise awareness for the cause, grow our donations to charitable organizations, and work towards providing free screening and treatments for underprivileged women year after year,” the company said in a statement.
However, this year’s gala is much more special, as they too are honoring the 30th Anniversary of the Breast Cancer Campaign.
Pretty in Pink
Last October 13, Estée Lauder—together with Kaye Tinga, Tessa Prieto, Tim Yap, Yaparazzi, Tatler Philippines, and Shangri-la The Fort—hosted a fundraising charity gala was hosted for the benefit of the Philippines Foundation for Breast Care, Inc. (Kasuso Foundation).
Set at Shangri-la the Fort, the night was filled with musical performances by Stephanie Kienle Gonzales, Ronnie Fortich, Gian Magdangal, Kayla Rivera, Arman Ferrer, Kate Torralba, and Martin Nievera. What’s more, famous personalities, business partners, and key members from both the One Mega Group and Mega Global Licensing, Inc. attended the event.
One of the many highlights of The Pink Ball includes the wide range of items that were donated for the auction. These include:
- Vespa S125 in white by Motoitalia Inc.
- Omega Aqua Terra Watch by Lucerne Group of Companies
- Champagne Semi-Baroque Pearls Strand by Jewelmer
- La Mer limited edition Crème de la Mer 500ml from the Estée Lauder Companies
- Monster in Pink Sculpture by Distort Monsters
- Art Piece by Jana Benitez
- Round Trip Tickets and 1 Night Stay at Shangri-la Paris by Shangri-la Group and Turkish Airlines
A silent auction was also available for guests to place their bids on. Items up for bidding include:
- Estée Lauder Beautiful Magnolia 100ml (autographed by Ana De Armas) from the Estée Lauder Companies
- Aerin Rose De Grasse 50ml (autographed by Aerin Lauder from the Estée Lauder Companies
- Art Pieces by Soler Santos
- Art piece by Tata Montilla
- Dyson and pink Nutribullet bundle by Whiteplane, Inc.
- Carved Yellow Jade Flower Earrings with Tsavorite Flower and Diamonds by Jul B Dizon Jewellery
- Art Piece by Gig De Pio (donated by Sheila Romero)
- Art Piece by Michelle Perez from Michelle Perez and Finale Gallery
The resulting fundraising initiative of the gala raised a total of PHP 9.8M from donations, charity gala table sales, and from the evening’s auction. This will help to support 6,500 free mammograms for underprivileged women.
“We’ve made monumental strides, but our work will not stop until no one loses their life to this disease—one that is as diverse as our global community and does not have a single story,” a representative of the Estée Lauder Companies said in a statement. “Today, we are more united than ever in our mission.”
To learn more about the breast cancer campaign by The Estée Lauder Companies, you may visit the website at ELCompanies.com/BreastCancerCampaign.