This Startup Award Recognizes Exceptional Businesses in the Philippines

The inaugural KMC Startup Awards by KMC Solutions shines the spotlight on startup entrepreneurs who have made contributions to the business and technology sectors.

Starting a business in a landscape as competitive as this is no easy feat. After all, there are over a million businesses in the Philippines alone, with 99.59% of them being Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs )and the remaining 0.41% encompassing large enterprises.

Among the many players in the market, however, are a few standouts—thriving startup businesses spearheaded by visionaries who are looking to make a difference in the Philippine landscape. Thus, in a move to shine the spotlight on these accomplishments, KMC Solutions—a leading provider of flexible office space solutions—announced the launch of the inaugural KMC Startup Awards 2023.

This year’s KMC Startup Awards is co-presented by Bossjob, in collaboration with Philippine Startup Week, QBO Innovation Hub, Kaya Founders, Sinigang Valley, and Uniquecorn Strategies, in partnership with 917Ventures and Amazon Web Services.

Honoring Visionaries and Startup Excellence

Set to take place on November 24, 2023, at KMC One Ayala, Makati, the KMC Startup Awards aims to foster innovation by recognizing outstanding startups and visionary entrepreneurs. The categories for the KMC Startup Awards include:

  • Startup of the Year
  • Emerging Leader of the Year
  • Outstanding Marketing Campaign
  • Tech Innovator Award
  • Customer Excellence Award
  • Most Innovative Startup Award
  • Outstanding Brand Development Award
  • Innovation in Design
  • Sustainable Business Practice Award
  • Social Impact Award

Through this award, emerging businesses are given the chance to gain exposure, credibility, and access to valuable business development opportunities. Moreover, the prestige that comes with the recognition sets them apart as an industry-recognized workplace of choice—thus attracting top talent and potential investors.

“Having experienced the challenges of entrepreneurship firsthand, I believe in the power of giving back,” says Michael McCullough, the CEO of KMC Solutions. “The KMC Startup Awards is my way of supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs who are navigating the ever-evolving business landscape.

“I aim to provide them with a strong foundation in a conducive environment so they, too, can one day make a meaningful impact and give back to the Philippines’ business community,” he adds.

Redefining the Business Landscape

Starting a business takes more than an innovative idea—a strong drive and support are the movers and changers that make a business work. Given this, McCullough seeks to recognize visionaries in their respective fields in the hopes that it inspires aspiring entrepreneurs and business owners to do the same.

“With the right tools and resources, those with innovative minds and the will to persevere are those who have the potential to disrupt their respective industries,” the CEO shares. “At the KMC Startup Awards, we’re here to recognize and shine a spotlight on emerging businesses pushing the boundaries of innovation. Together, we’re not just building businesses—we’re shaping the future of the Philippine business landscape.”

As a steadfast supporter of the Philippine startup community, KMC has constantly been nurturing startups and fostering growth through its line of innovative facilities and events. With the launch of the KMC Startup Awards, the brand shows its dedication to strengthening the startup ecosystem in the Philippines.

“These awards will play a vital role in promoting the Philippine startup ecosystem to a wider audience across the business community. Alongside the new awards, KMC Solutions stands committed to providing the facilities, space, and business development opportunities a startup or entrepreneur in the Philippines needs to thrive,” McCullough ends.