The Business Manual Celebrates and Honors the Philippines’ Top 20 Business Leaders at Its First CEO Awards
The brightest luminaries in the business world received recognition for their leadership at The Business Manual CEO Awards.
In a landmark event that gathered the Philippines’ top business leaders held last January 28 at Shangri-la The Fort, The Business Manual honored 20 of the country’s most influential CEOs at the first The Business Manual CEO Awards. These leaders displayed not just exemplary leadership in their respective industries, but at the same time they have made a significant contribution to nation-building.
According to RJ Ledesma, Editor-in-Chief of The Business Manual, the CEO Awards “recognizes the remarkable contributions of visionary leaders whose relentless dedication have fostered innovations, shaped industries, and set benchmarks for excellence in our country.”
In his opening speech, Ramon Galicia, Chief Operating Office of One Mega Group Inc. put the focus on the achievements of the CEOs being honored, saying, “The CEOs we are awarding tonight are directly responsible for creating the foundations of our future, and propelling our country forward. And we salute each of them.”
THE CEO Awards Honorees
This year’s event recognized 20 visionary CEOs, each exemplifying the essence of leadership. The Business Manual is proud to present the first CEO Awards honorees:
- Ramon Ang, President and Vice Chairman of San Miguel Corporation
- Dr. Vicki Belo, Founder and CEO of Belo Medical Group
- Cezar Consing, President and CEO of Ayala Corporation
- Alice Eduardo, Founder, President and CEO of Sta. Elena Construction
- Lance Gokongwei, President and CEO of JG Summit Holdings, Inc.
- Edward K. Lee, Founder and Chairman of COL Financial Group, Inc.
- Jean Henri Lhuillier, President and CEO of PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies
- Jeffrey Lim, President of SM Prime Holdings, Inc.
- TG Limcaoco, President and CEO of Bank of the Philippine Islands
- Bernie Liu, Chairman and CEO of GOLDEN ABC
- Manuel V. Pangilinan, Chairman and President of Metro Pacific Investments Corporation
- Cecilio Pedro, Founder of Lamoiyan Corporation
- Christopher Po, Chairman of Century Pacific Food
- Vivian Que-Azcona, President of Mercury Drug
- Ed Saavedra, Chairman of Megawide Construction
- Injap Sia, Chairman of DoubleDragon Properties Corporation
- Jose Soberano III, Chairman and CEO of Cebu Landmasters, Inc.
- Ernesto Tanmantiong, President and CEO of Jollibee Foods Corporation
- Aileen Uygongco-Ongkauko, CEO of La Filipina Uy Gongco Group
- Alfredo Yao, Founder of Zest-O, Macay Holdings, Inc. and Philippine Business Bank
Special Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence
In line with The Business Manual’s mission to Engage, Inspire, Empower, and Educate aspiring business owners and entrepreneurs, it also honored five CEOs who embody the publication’s values. With the Special Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence, editors from The Business Manual chose five CEOs from among the website’s cover features. This award was co-presented with Pharmaton, and the five honorees were:
- Natividad Cheng, Founder of Uratex Philippines/RGC Group of Companies
- Jose Magsaysay Jr., Co-founder of Potato Corner
- Paco Magsaysay, Founder of Carmen’s Best
- ER Rollan, Co-founder and CEO of GrowSari
- Steve Sy, Founder and CEO of Great Deals E-commerce Corporation
The CEO Awards also received further support from Johnnie Walker, San Miguel, Sula Spirits, Juju Glow, Luxe Skin, Fairy Skin, Dear Face, Babe Formula and AIID.
More than just an event, The Business Manual CEO Awards is a celebration of the transformative power of leadership in the business world. It’s a platform to showcase the brilliance, resilience, and positive impact of the Philippines’ most outstanding CEOs.